Friday, November 5, 2010

Easily Distracted has been slacking!

I've been thinking about updating my blog for WEEKS now. And only now and I taking the time. I can't believe I haven't written anything in almost 3 months!

So, here's how this is going to shake out: I've been so lax in keeping up with the blog, I'm probably going to write several over the next few days, with different topics. What can I say, I've got LOTS to say and I don't think I should jumble it all up in one entry :).

Here's what's been keeping me SO busy I haven't had time to blog:
1. Moving into the house being an ongoing process
2. Traveling every two weeks for work
3. Moving out of my apartment in WV
4. Planning our wedding

So, I'm going to start where I left off the last time. I believe I was preparing for the termite fumigation for our new home.

To shorten what could be a long story, I prepared the house for fumigation, per the instructions we got from the termite 'people'. I trimmed back our plants in front of the house, made sure we didn't have anything edible inside, and Pete got permission slips signed by our neighbors. My next task was to be at the house to let the fumigators in and make sure everything was ok before locking up. What a HASSLE!

The crew leader came to me and said 'This house isn't prepped!!' Well, being new at the 'bug business' I said 'Yes it is! I did it everything the checklist said.' So, he proceeded to tell me that he would help me out by prepping the house, but he wasn't going to put things back when they came back to take the tenting off and everything. Fine. I have to say I felt a bit violated when he nearly destroyed all of the plants in front of the house, started taking down sections of our fencing and went through the house opening all of our cabinet doors, windows, dresser drawers, etc. I felt like saying 'hey, buddy, that's my closet!' So, the termite guy now knows what color panties I have in my underwear drawer. I actually left in tears because I was convinced they were going to hurt our house.

That evening we went by and saw the house completely covered by blue tenting with 'HAZARDOUS GAS' signs posted everywhere. Wasn't a great way to spend our time. But, the good news was, I got a call Monday afternoon that the house was cleared and we could go back in. So, I went over to check everything out and started closing drawers and cabinet doors. Tuesday we moved the majority of our things over from the apartment and Wednesday night we started sleeping there :).

At that point, I felt so much better because we were actually there and I could spend my non-work time putting things away and getting settled in. So, we moved into the house on Wednesday and the following Sunday, I was leaving again to head back to WV for two more weeks of work in the office. Not ideal!

So, that's Book 1 of our New Homeowners/Moving in story :). More to follow about the Housewarming party and Move-In Part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment